Hi Grant,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I am working on my local devserver
and saving files directly to the server which is sharing via Samba -
so no FTP or translating going on at this stage.

As a matter of principle I would prefer not to rely on an automated
conversion process at upload to put things in the correct format, I
think it's better to have the files in the correct format wherever
they're stored.

I would have expected Dreamweaver to have an "autodetect line breaks"
feature - most lightweight free editors I have used have this. Instead
one must specify how Dreamweaver saves line breaks in the "Code
Format" preferences - which solved the  problem.

-ad

--
 a d m a t a z