hi kiterminal

I had this problem too, with Apache 1.3.3 / WinXP (EasyPHP setup)
It wasn't annoying me too much until I read your message...
The solution I found is to write this in the first .htaccess file (the
one in the root of the cake install) :
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule    ^$ app/webroot/    [L]
   RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
   RewriteRule    (.*)  app/webroot/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

the only thing I added is the RewriteCond (don't ask why, I don't
really understand myself...)

If it's an efficient fix and doesn't break anything, maybe we can put
it in the next version ?
Should I write a ticket ?

++++++
clemos