Hi ..

The problem is easy to diagnose, but I don't know how to solve it.

This code:
return $this->Ajax->link(
                                $title,
                                $url,
                                        array(
                                                "update" => $AjaxDivUpdate
                                                ),
                                NULL,
                                NULL,
                                FALSE
                                        );
generates the links.

Any link returned as part of an ajax update seems to be url encoded.

This one will work
onclick=" return false;">id</a><script
type="text/javascript">Event.observe('link29970050', 'click',
function(event){ new
Ajax.Updater('content','/pagination/ajaxed/?direction=DESC',
{asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, requestHeaders:['X-Update',
'content']}) }, false);</script>

Because there is only one get parameter, this one will not:

id="link1348214211" onclick=" return false;">Sort by Category
Name</a><script type="text/javascript">Event.observe('link1348214211',
'click', function(event){ new
Ajax.Updater('content','/pagination/ajaxed/?sortBy=name&amp;sortByClass=Category',
{asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, requestHeaders:['X-Update',
'content']}) }, false);</script>

Because there are 2 get parameters and the & is being url encoded

It should be "?sortBy=name&sortByClass=Category" to work.

What needs to be done to generate the links correctly? I hope someone
more ajax savvy can show the way...

Cheers,

AD7six