Bingo, it's not a waste of memory if it is providing a useful function
(i.e. allowing your table to work with Cake, without hacking it).
Also, it seems to me that this exact scenario is why you need it.  Cake
makes you add a primary key to a table when working with it as a model
because that is the correct thing to do.  Also, do you know how much
memory adding a primary key takes up?  It really isn't much.

Also, I think you need to revisit how many times you end words in 'age'
within a single post.