Using PHP 4.1.2, I get the following error when I try the tutorial:

Call to undefined function: mysql_real_escape_string()...of course this
is because the  mysql_real_escape_string() function only works in PHP
4.3 or above.  If I can't upgrade, my only recourse is the
mysql_escape_string() function.  That function doesn't take a
connection handler as one of the arguments, however, and my page of
data becomes...a blank page.

So, how do I modify cake/libs/model/dbo/dbo_mysql.php to work with PHP
4.1.2 and mysql_escape_string()?

Thanks in advance, Tom