Is your field name actually 'First_name' or is it 'first_name'?

This might be part of the problem.

When you sumit the form via 'post' your value should come in an array called $data in the controller.

In the controller action you are submitting to insert the following code near the top and you can see how the data looks when it is submitted...

if ( !empty($this->$data) ) {
    pr($this->data);
} else {
    echo "NO DATA SUBMITTED";
}

I did not actually run the above code but it should work to give you an idea of what is happening.

If you still have problems post back with pastes ( http://cakephp.org/pastes/add ) for your database, controller, view, and model and someone will be able to help you sort it out.

You can also build your MVC structure by using 'bake' from the command line.  Change directory to /cake.  then run 'php scripts/bake.php' and follow the directions from there to get started.

Baking the MVC structures (after you ahve created the database) will give you an idea for how it is to be setup.

In my application, I am using  a  add form to add user records and for
this i am using the input tag in the view file but i am unable to get
this value in the controller so that i can save this value in the
database.
I am using the following input function :-

$html->input('Employee/First_name', array('size' => 20))

so the value stored in this input feild can be used in controller

thanks in advance

Neeraj