On 7/21/06, John Zimmerman [gmail] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
the $html->yearOptionTag() supports a minYear and maxYear parameter, but I can't find the same thing for dateTimeOptionTag().

Anyway, you can use the concatenation method shown here http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/10 (about half way down). To put the "date pieces" into the DATETIME format before save.

John,
   I think it would be worth while to  put an enhancement request in for the dateTimeOptionTag to be able to submit option arrays to be able defifince max/minYear and also other characteristics for the child arrays,  I know that as of the latest release you should be able to send in id's for each part of the display.  There should be a similar way to send in min/max values  (it would even be nice to be able to define the increment, like to only show every 15 min in the minute part.)

Sam D