I understand that this topic has been talked about before but i havent
yet seen any thread that made me understand clearly how to accomplish
what i wish.  let me explain briefly:

i am designing some blog software for users of my companies services.
i am unable to use subdomains so i was looking to structure the URL as
follows:

http://www.example.com/username/

this would use the blog controller and point to some default front
page...the part i cant seem to accomplish with routes so far is
this....

http://www.example.com/username/2006-5-7/post-title-goes-here/

that would use the posts controller and display the post.

i see that using bootstrap to hijack the URL is an option but im still
not sure how to do it...
any suggestions would be greatly welcomed