Does anyone know if there's a way to share the same view between
different controllers and controller actions? Or a good reason not to
have common views?

Some of my controller actions output generic structured data. I would
like to assign a view that is shared across my app, and not bound to a
specific controller.

But if I omit the view file for a specific controller action Cake
throws a "missing view" error, so I find I'm creating multiple copies
of the same file just to keep it quiet....

-ad