I didn't find it in the manual either.  I just stumbled upon the variable playing around with pr() in various places and figured out I could set the variable in the view too.

the pr() function is very useful for just exploring variables in Cake.

Just do a pr($this) in your controller, view, or model and you can get quite a bit of information.

On 7/28/06, Sergei < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John Zimmerman [gmail] писал(а):

> <?php $this->pageTitle = 'New Title For Static Page'; ?>

damnit. I knew there is a better method!

Though I don't recall this in manual..

S.