A voting system:

Model Ballot: hasMany Options,Votes
Model Option: belongsTo Ballot
Model Vote: belongsTo Ballot
Model User: hasMany Votes

^^Im sort of new to MVC, hopefully those associations are OK!

Now: some controller code for viewing a ballot:
    I tried:
        $this->Ballot->id = $someID
        $this->Ballot->Options->findAll();

I thought that since Ballot is associated with many options:
  WHERE `ballot_id` = `Ballot`.`id`
that Options->findAll() would only return an array of Options belonging
to that Ballot, but actually that call is retrieving ALL rows in the
options table

right now, I'm using
        $this->Ballot->Options->findAll("ballot_id=$someID");

Am I doing this correctly? Is there any simpler way to get the result I
want?