There are several validation routines floating out there; the built-in
cake stuff, the "Advanced Validation", the "Advanced Validation with
Parameters"...

Cake's built-in validation is not as feature-filled as I'd like, but in
order to get things like the FormHelper working properly with custom
validation I need to change a lot of internal-ish code, particularly in
the helpers. (I can replace the helpers and such in my own app
directories, but that's a very ugly solution.)

What do you use for validation--the default, builtin scheme, or one of
the custom mods?

Thanks,

Shutter