I've just been looking into Cake and noticed that the model methods
return arrays rather than objects and that in version 2 this will
change so that model data will be encapsulated in objects. Fair enough.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to write code that
would require the least amount of modification to migrate to version 2.

Also, in version 1.x, what would be the best way to implement something
like Person->getAge() where Person is a bean-type model object with a
field for birthdate but not age and getAge uses the current date to
compute the age from the birthdate?

Cheers,
Stuart