I finally made it .. there was another error in my code which prevented
the js from executing. i had a foldername wrong which is of course
casesensitive on unix.

I choose this one here, because it does not need extra inline
javascript:
http://www.frequency-decoder.com/demo/fd-date-picker/
The Options are appended by a special class name of the inputfield,
which is pretty slick.

I´m trying to implement more "Unobtrusive" javascripts like this with
the jQery lib.

I used the js calendar mentioned by jez in other projects but right now
it seems to big for what i needed. still it has a lot of good functions