Chris Hartjes wrote:
> I'd say that it doesn't matter that there will not be a GoalieStat
> record for some players.  If there is an associated record, then it
> will show up.
>
> Teams -> hasManyPlayers
> Players -> hasPlayerStats, hasGoalieStats
> PlayerStats -> belongsToPlayers
> GoalieStats -> belongsToPlayers
>
> I'm of course assuming that the models will handle any missing records
> with grace. :)

That's kind of what I'm assuming.  I still think I want to create the
associated record when the Player is created.  That way I don't have to
worry about the record not existing, and handling special cases, etc.
Not real sure how to do that just yet, but I have some ideas - just need
to try them out.

-Scott