from the cakephp manual, quoted below, you can see how adding a few
parameters to the findAll function you can limit the number of rows
retrieved:
example:
$this->User->findAll('',null, '', 20, 2);
this gets the second page of results, containing 20 items each.

 If you use a variable $page, for example, you may use it in the view
to a 'next' and 'previous' link.
 or you could wait for the cake 1.2 version :>

 spark

----------------------------

findAll( $conditions,
  $fields,
  $order,
  $limit,
  $page,
  $recursive);
string   $conditions;
array   $fields;
string   $order;
int   $limit;
int   $page;
int   $recursive;

Returns the specified fields up to $limit (default is 50) records
matching $conditions (if any), start listing from page $page (default
is page 1). $conditions should look like they would in an SQL
statement: $conditions = "race = 'wookie' AND thermal_detonators > 3",
for example.

When the $recursive option is set to a integer value between 1 and 3,
the findAll() operation will make an effort to return the models
associated to the ones found by the findAll(). The recursive find can
go up to three levels deep. If your property has many owners who in
turn have many contracts, a recursive findAll() on your Property model
will return up to three levels deep of associated models.

spark

--
[web] http://synapsisdi.com.br
[livesets] http://djspark.com.br