I need some help with something which looks like the cat chasing it's
tail, to me, but I am a beginner!

I have a component which I call from the default.thtml view, as I want
it in a sidebar, and that is defined there. But in fact, I would like
that component displayed/active only when the user is on a specific set
of controllers(2). Problem is, if I do not put var $components =
array('mycomponent') in the app_controller, I get an error, because it's
called from default.

So, how should I test, from the default view, which controller is
currently in use?
Or is there another/better way?

Thanks,
Bernard