Hello, on the wiki, there are 2 tutorials covering fckeditor:
http://wiki.cakephp.org/tutorials:beginners_only?s=fckeditor#step_7rich_text_editing_with_fckeditor
and: http://wiki.cakephp.org/tutorials:online_editor-fckeditor

both of them tell you the same when it comes to copying files from the
fckeditor archive to the cake/app folders.  they tell you to copy some
files, but _not_ to copy fckeditor.js, so that's what i did and what
everybody else did, i guess

now, there is the problem that for some weird reason that fckeditor
doesn't enable itself when you're using opera (it uses the user agent
string to see that), so you have to enable it manually as explained
here: http://wiki.fckeditor.net/FAQ#opera

now here is the catch! they use fckeditor.js, and we use fckeditor.php,
which is -functionality-wise- about the same i guess, but written in an
other language.
what they don't mention in the faq is thet setting the EnableOpera
variable in the php version has no effect.  Even more, if you check the
logic in the php file, you'll see that the constructor calls
CreateHtml(), which calls IsCompatible()

Now, the problem is when you compare the .js version and the .php
you'll see that the js one checks for EnableOpera but the .php version
doesn't do that at all.  So as far as i know, when using the php
version there is no option to enable the editor when you are using
opera. (this is hardcoded) none of this is mentioned in their faq.

So what did i do?
I added this right before the "else return false;" in IsCompatible.

else if(strpos($sAgent, 'Opera') !== false)
                {
                        return true;
                }

That way the editor works in opera.
If i overlooked something, please tell me, otherwise may god have mercy
on our souls, cause this is bad programming/documenting practice.