Hi,

I use cakephp a lot but only today did I have a need for using the
HABTM association.

My application is such that I have 3 tables -
1. Users
2. Profiles
3. Contests

Users table has username/passwd/name/email, Profiles has lot of other
info and Contests has some competition running.

I think that if I had to link Profiles & Contests I had to do a Profile
hasAndBelongToMany contests and a Contest hasAndBelongsToMany Profiles.

For this I created a join table -

contests_profile with contest_id & profile_id

Now when I run a findAll from contests controller, I get an sql error
and same is the case from profiles controller.

I don't know if it's a problem with my association definition, or my
table structure or mysql version or php config entry (does something
need to be enabled)?

I have pasted some bit of my code here -
http://cakephp.org/pastes/show/70b4b7d9566a8d1595cb352637265eb2

BTW, in it's simplest form the following query is run -

SELECT `Profile`.`id`, `Profile`.`modified` FROM `profiles` AS
`Profile` JOIN `contests_profiles` ON `contests_profiles`.`contest_id`
= '1' AND `contests_profiles`.`profile_id` = `Profile`.`id` WHERE 1 = 1

And I get the following error:

 MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON
`contests_profiles` . `contest_id` = '1' AND `contests_profiles` .
`profile_i' at line 1

Could someone guru please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Mandy.