Don't think it's incompatible - I just ran it ten minutes ago with
10.4.7, no problems. Are you pointing to the webroot folder in your cake
install, or to the cake folder itself? I mucked with things a bit, to
make it match my Linux server, so I did have to edit the paths in the
index.php, but that shouldn't be a problem in your case. Hmm...

Regards!
 - Toby