Hi

I am trying to modify cake's session so that I can intgerate other php
applications along with cake on my server. (You will have got the clue,
if you were following this group regularly ;) )

I am trying to check an existing session set from another app, and if
its set, iniate a session in cake too. But I am consfused where to put
this. I tried adding the code to app_controller.php in cake/app. It
says Session object doesnt exist at all!

also, why does two application generate different session_ids, even
though they are on the same server? in fact, I have put the second
application as a subfolder within cake.
Is it possible to set the session valid for the whole site (including
subdomains too ?)

thanks
[V]