On 9/12/06, green-mamba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been doing Cake now for about a week and am trudging along quite
> nicely. Today I suddenly realised that the 'flash' messages are not
> showing. It hasn't bothered me up to now - other more important things
> took my attention, but it is starting to bug me now.
>
> I after some testing I realise that they are not showing on the
> application where I've changed the default html. I am integrating an
> application with an existing site and there is a lot of javascript in
> an external .js file - I do get a javascript error on the pages that I
> am integrating with the existing layout - could this be the reason why
> the flash messages are not showing?

First thing I would do is make sure debug is not set to 0 in your
core.php file.  When it's set to 0, lots of weird stuff happens due to
caching.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard