Actually for some reason many of the PEAR libraries will not load properly if you try to use them via vendors.

QuickForm is one of these.  It has been a while since I was having problems, but basically it had to do with the order in which things were being included and constants that were trying to be re-defined.

My work around was to performa a require_once outside of a controller  or other class definition definition.  I ended up defining all of my include_path modifications and performing require_once for all the pear libraries I wanted to use in my bootstrap.php file.

After that I could use the pear libraries pretty much like normal.