Afternoon.

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:04:59 -0700, John Zimmerman wrote:

> I have modified the default pages controller to add a few tweaks by
> first copying it to my app directory.  I then renamed it to
> static_controller.php, modifying the code and the views directory
> appropriately.

Did you consider extending PageController instead? Being able to still
call $this->display() is quite useful from a maintainability aspect
imho, as this function is quite well known to most Cake'ers.

> The way the default pages controller (which is now my 'static'
> controller) is setup it is not meant to have multiple actions defined.

What's wrong with multiple actions OOI? They will always return 404 if
you do not have a view for them.

Regards,

lamby

--
 Chris Lamb, Cambs, UK                      WWW: http://chris-lamb.co.uk
  Q. Why is top posting bad?                             GPG: 0x634F9A20