Hello there,

I am using the Smarty View class ( 1.1 ) and i really like it. But when
i encounter a error, say a missing model, i get a completly different
error :

=======
No template file for view %s (expected %s), create it first'
Fatal error: in
C:\xampp\eclipse\workspace\projectadmin\cake\libs\view\view.php on line
315
=======

I am using the app_controller way of setting smarty as the view:
        function __construct()
        {
                $this->view = 'Smarty';
                parent::__construct();
        }

If i use the var $view = 'Smarty'; in the controller and not in the
app_controller i do get nice errormessages in the default Cake style.

But i would like to get it working the app_controller way :)

The first thing i found out is that i could create a missing_model.tpl
in a new app/views/errors directory wich display's the file instead of
the 'no template file' error.

After some testing i found out that the LIBS constant didnot contain
the whole path.
The APP has this path: C:\xampp\eclipse\workspace\projectadmin\app\
And the LIBS just : cake\libs\  (is this a cake bug, or is it meant to
be like this?)

I sortof fixed it by adding ROOT.DS. in front of LIBS.

I now get the correct error message but not the pretty CAKE style or my
own css,  the path to the css is wrong (
eclipseprojectadmin//../css/default.css ->
/eclipse/projectadmin/pages/../css/default.css )

The fix i use is good enough for me while developping but if someone
has got any ideas the get the errormessages to work better, it would be
nice.