Welcome to Cake, G.

Perspective: Nowadays, there is a manual, with things in it that one
can learn from. Great times, indeed. I believe the shortcut the
newcomer is looking for _is_ the manual. A story told in sequence,
telling little bits, one at a time. I am a sucker for manuals.

The "search Cake" function at the website, is also golden for the
newcomer.

I heard Ruby on Rails developer David Heinemeier Hansson talk about
generated scaffolding (think about the code that Bake.php outputs,
that's the stuff I mean). "It is primarily a teaching tool, so we
should maximize the teaching of convention in those generated files."

Perhaps /cake/scripts/bake.php could become better at teaching the
conventions?

cheers,
   Olle