That is what I am using.  What I am worried about is it timing out when
they set it up to process like 120 images.  Instead of doing 5 at a
time and each time they click, I want it to keep looping until done.
That would be 24 clicks and processing 5 images should take around a
minute or two so that is them sitting at the site for at least 30
minutes to do nothing more than build the thumbnails and images.

I know I could do the on the fly with phpThumb, but I am going for
ultimate protection of images and autowatermarking, saving, and
removing the originals.

I know there is some kind of this methodology in vBulletin for the
continous loop, but only doing so many at a time so the server doesn't
time out.

As far as the ouput I want to do it the HTML way first and then AJAXify
it.  I want my whole application to work on strict HTML and then add in
AJAX where I want.  I am going for broad workings on very different
configurations.