I guess  you could always do this in your layout or actual view:

<?php echo $this->renderElement('header'); ?>

Brian French wrote:
You may be looking for the layouts.

http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/views

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello there fellow bakers!

I've finally taken the plunge into using CakePHP to place some
structure into my webdesign work.

I am totally new to using frameworks and have been racking my head
around the concept of CakePHP for the past few days and i must admit i
love it.

Im really keen on trying to push this on to some of the other
developers in my office as i feel it would help us no end.

Anyway, back to my issue - i cant seem to find any documentation about
amending the basic style of you project (ie: Header. Footer) and i was
wondering if there was any pre-defined .thtml files that Cake checks
for within the /views/layout folder?

Something like header.thtml or doctype.thtml? i assume there will be
some pre-defined ones so if anyone can point me in the right direction
that would be a great help

Many thanks
Mark 'Phunky' Harwood