xOrster: what a user want's to have a gallery named "list" ? what then?
I think it's not a good way to define the second url parameter as a
method parameter

I think the best way would be something like
http://host/galleries/gallery/foo

but I know it would be better your way, is just you are limiting your
users.

And if you want this functionallity anyway (you would need to make sure
a user doesn't name their galleries as your controller's methods) is
not that hard add routes for each of your methids manually... is not
that you are adding new methods each hour!