I've posted a few thoughts on this topic as well:
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/msg/9cd850341af29136

Also keep in mind that just because we have done something one way,
doesn't mean (unless we say so ;-) ) that that way is the best or only
way to do it.  You're right in your thinking that business logic can be
in the model.  In almost all cases, the overriding principle is DRY.
If putting a piece of logic in a model helps you maintain that, then
that's where the logic most likely belongs.