Hi all,

I've noticed a strange behavior in Firefox when using the observeField
ajax helper in conjunction with form SELECT elements, and I'm hoping
somebody has a solution.

I'm using ajax->observeField to observe a form select element;
according to the option that a user picks, data is gathered from the
server and displayed. With IE this works as I would expect -- the user
clicks on an option from the select element, and the server responds.
In Firefox, however, as soon as an option is highlighted, the request
is made to the server.

Does anybody know if there's a way to tell this helper not to send the
request to the server until the user has actually clicked on the select
option they want (as opposed to just highlighting it)?

Here's my helper code:

echo $ajax->observeField ($field_id = 'Maj, $options = array('url' =>
'updateSemesterByMajor', 'update' => 'semester', 'frequency' => '1',
'complete' =>  'completeMaj()', 'before' => 'beforeMaj()', 'loading' =>

I'm using Cake version 1.1.8.3544

Thanks,
Zach Naiman