You could make your methods static and access them with ClassName::yourMethod
aswell as $className->yourMethod

/Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of davide
Sent: 20. oktober 2006 11:49
To: Cake PHP ML
Subject: Helpers and Components

Sometime ago, I developed my own helpers for formatting date. Everything is ok,
but now I need those function even in the controller level. So I thought about
components. Everything is still fine. Now I wouldn't like to duplicate the
code, I would like something like using the components code from the helpers.
Something like

class MyHelper...
   function dumb(param1, param2){
      return $this->controller->MyComponent->dumb(param1, param2);

It seems not to working, so I ask. Which should be the best way for obtaining
this feature? Maybe a static library referenced with the vendors()?

Bye
Davide

--
By the power of Greyskull...