Sonic Baker wrote:

> I was just using the forms generated form Bake as an example to
> illustrate the types of duplication I mean.
>
> That meta-framework of yours sounds wonderful. Is it hard on resources?

Not particularly.  Running in production mode it takes about 1 second to
render each view.

I intend to write a program that will go through all of the permutations
in my application and build up a data structure that can be loaded and
accessed several by a Cake app (probably via shared memory or some other
similar construct).  I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I imagine
that doing this will give the app around a 50% boost in efficiency.

> If you weren't using it, how would you answer my questions above?

You're right, I didn't quite answer your question.  Sorry.

Yes, I use elements (and lots of helpers) that have all of the necessary
logic built in or can provide that sort of form logic.  You can almost
pretend that I don't have a meta-framework.  All it really does is
provide the data or configuration information necessary to build the
various pieces of the view (actually it does a lot more than that but as
far as the view is concerned it only provides a data structure so Cake
can figure out where to put stuff).

Cheers,

Matt
--
BASIC: A programming language.  Related to certain social diseases
in that those who have it will not admit it in polite company.