Okay, this one was weird.

Please note, it is not a CakePHP bug  / error.

First of all, Given Nates answer (3 things that can cause the error), I
was going nuts
trying to figure this out. To make a long story short, either me (I
don't remember doing it) or Textmate was putting a space after the .php
extension. In textmate and such I can physically see the file, the
syntax was color coded correctly, but the little icon was a text icon.
That was the only thing that gave it away. I removed and added the file
several times. Funny how this was the only file this happened to.

Anyways, for anyone else that had received this error, check your
filename for spaces, etc.