> Defining your schema and having the database engine enforce key
> integrity has its advantages and disadvantages. You'll probably want
> to continue to learn about the issues regarding telling mySQL about
> foreign keys.

What about us poor schmucks who are trying to develop applications using
Cake against an existing database?  Because of the amount of existing code
that uses this database, I can't go around changing the schema to conform to
Cake's expectations, and the problem I am having is that many of the built
in functions don't work.

Is there some way to do schema mapping, or is this a case where I'll need to
define my own custom queries for each model?

-Erich-