I was just thinking,

How about using the rating system on the group to rate good posts? Does this increase the chances that the good posts come up first?

Another thing I was thinking was this:

Sometimes it's hard to find the answer to a question on the group when you don't know the lingo. So what if, when one of the cake gurus comes across a good answer, they reply to the post and add a list of keywords they think will help people find the answer.

You've probably already thought of this and dismissed it but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Cheers,

Sonic