From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of nate
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 2:37 PM
To: Cake PHP
Subject: Re: Planning on CakePHP future versions

The second case I can't really help you out on, since the plugins interface
is the one department of the framework I tend to stay out of, but I will say
that yes, we usually completely ignore any bugs reported on the mailing
list, as they should be reported on Trac.

The first case, however, is probably our fault for not making clear.
In most objects __construct is not designed to do any work outside the scope
of that object.  In fact, you should almost never need to use __construct in
a controller, as beforeFilter fills the same role just fine.