Hi Nate,

Thank you for your input.

On 10/25/06, nate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Theoretical Example: Order hasMany OrderItem, OrderItem belongsTo
Order, Item:

This is interesting. I have these Modles, however my setup is Order HABTM Item (link table Items_orders). Then when I want to add items to the order I use bindModel to create a hasMany association between Order and ItemsOrder.
I'm interested to know why you chose the above associations?

$this->OrderItem->find(
     'Order.date BETWEEN "' . date('Y-m-d') . '" AND "' . date('Y-m-d',
strtotime('-1 month')) . '"',
     'SUM(Item.price) As total'
);

This is along the lines of what I had initially planned. How would the above handle a port to PostgreSQL?

If you wanted to calculate that including the tax per order, you could
easily drop in a sub-select.

 Same question as above.

We're looking at some more advanced ways
to build queries in Cake 1.2.

This sounds great, as usual :)

Cheers,

Sonic