John David Anderson (_psychic_) wrote:

> I think a feature like this would entice new users to use their
> scaffolding more than is needed.
>
> If you'd like to start customizing what is shown, and how things are
> presented, it's time to bake.
>
> -- John

John,

What about extensions to Bake? The current version is wonderful, and I
would love to have some more code generation. Many more templates could
be implemented. I looked at the Bake code and it appeared to me (and I
may be wrong) that it is highly specific to the existing templates and
not easily extensible as currently written.

Should I be waiting for a future Cake release which includes more code
generation, or should I be writing my own?

There are open source code generation tools. For example,

http://freshmeat.net/projects/codeworker/

though I haven't tried to customize any of the generators yet.