It sounds like your database table is latin_swedish_ci, but you have stored
UTF-8-encoded data in it. I concur with euromark's recommendation to change
your database tables' encoding to UTF-8, but you'll have to take special care
to convert the encoding of all your existing data properly without messing it
up (unless your existing data is only test data in which case just truncate it
and make new test data).