To me it appears totally random. Opening a page in another browser
helps just as much as going to the bathroom and back. Trying a
thousand times also seems to be a solution most of the times. Been
fighting with this bug for 2 days and I feel like forgetting about
cakePHP altogether, to be honest (besides wanting to hit my keyboard
against the walls, that is). I've got it open in Chrome, Firefox, IE8,
Opera and Safari, and switching from one to another when I get tired
of trying with the current one. Worst is: it works.

500 errors are the worst. They kinda say "something's wrong but I got
no clue what". Somebody fix it while I still got some hair in my head,
thanks in advance.