Forgot to mention: My complete Information from the "Group" model is missing, too

Anja

Am 13.05.2011 16:11, schrieb Anja Liebermann:
Hello everybody,

I try to use a containable search in a CakePHP legacy project using Cake
1.2. I have often uses containable, but never togeterh with aliases. So
no idea if that might be the poblem ore something else.

The model relations are as follows:

Group__
hasMany Members alias Users
belongsTo
|__ GroupOwner alias User
|__ LastPost alias ForumPost___belongsTo
|__ PostAuthor alias User

As you can see we use model aliases.

I have the following containment array:
$containment = array(
'GroupOwner' => array(
'fields'=> array('GroupOwner.nickname','GroupOwner.id')
),
'LastPost' => array(
'fields'=> array('LastPost.user_id', 'LastPost.created'),
'PostAuthor' => array(
'fields' => array(
'PostAuthor.id',
'PostAuthor.firstname',
'PostAuthor.nickname',
'PostAuthor.lastname')
)
)
);

The strange behaviour is that I get all model data on the second level
e.g. all my GroupMembers which I don't want, but not my PostAuthor which
I want.

If I add a field condition to my find e.g.:
$groups = $this->Group->find('all', array('contain' => $containment,
'fields' => array('GroupOwner.id'), 'limit' => 2));

my result looks like following:
GroupOwner (Array, 5 elements)
id (String, 2 characters ) 14
nickname (String, 11 characters ) Helfenstein
avatar (Array, 4 elements)
is_online (Integer) 0
name (String, 12 characters ) Helfenstein
LastPost (Array, 3 elements)
user_id (String, 6 characters ) 878781
created (String, 10 characters ) 1237332851
id (String, 10 characters ) 1009713631
GroupCategory (Array, 0 elements)
Member (Array, 0 elements)
Tags (Array, 0 elements)

so Members are still there, though luckily empty, but still no PostAuthor.

*sigh*

Has anybody an idea what might be the problem?

Of course var $actsAs = array('Containable'); is set in the app_model.php

I find this a very strange behaviour (no pun intended).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anja

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.