I am working on a rather large project that will expand overtime as the site
grows. So as I have never done this with Cake I was wondering how does one
go about this.

I know in 3 months we will be adding some new features once there are more
users (10k Users)
Now there is no way to test the functionality of these new features without
the users / db records so we need to wait until we actually have this to
start testing these new site options. But how? Once we have the base
membership goal reached how do we add in new features / controllers and so
on in an already live environment. We need to test it using the database yet
also allow only developers to be able to see it as if it were a live account
but not to actual live users?

Thanks,