Hello,

Concerning the PHP 4 'concessions' Jamie addressed:

http://phpadvent.org/2010/usage-statistics-by-ilia-alshanetsky

In this scenario you even have to add the percentage of PHP 5.1, since
a lot of the other mentioned frameworks require PHP 5.2+.
So it's even a 30% 'market' share, that CakePHP 1.3.x inherits as a in
my oppinion dominant position as a framework for PHP4.
I can remeber that after the move from trac to lighthouse PHP 4
tickets were still filed there every now and then.