It's possible that year is a reserved word. Have you tried simply renaming that database field, maybe to event_year? Give it a shot!

HTH,
Eric

On 11/1/06, Jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bakers:

When I try to bake my app (scaffold is on) with a field type "year"
(also name as "year"),
I found the data cannot be saved (the selection did show up and I
select the year).

The results always appear as '0000'.
When I check the html source generated by cakephp, the field name is
Model/year_year,
not just Model/year, is that the root cause of saving error?

Jerry
http://www.fonsen.com.tw/