Hey there everyone.

I'm a bit of a newb so apologies if this question is a bit simple,
although I can't get my head round how to go about doing it.

I have a search page where a user can type in a search box, or they
can use an alphabetical list to search for the record they're looking
for. Eg they click 'a' and all the records beginning with the letter
'a' appear.

I'd also like to have it so that each record has a number of tags, and
I'd then like to be able to filter records according to which tags
have been selected - preferably using checkboxes.

For example, perhaps the tags would be colours and the records
represented shoes. There'd be checkboxes for blue, yellow, black,
brown and so on. At first all colours would be shown, but if the user
clicks on brown the all but the brown shoes dissappear.

like I say, I'm new to cakephp and learning php so please be gentle.

thanks ;)