I think that this is not a real issue as SMF installation is almost 100%
separate from cake.
I started using smf with version 1.1.11 and I was upgrading them twice, and
that upgrades was affecting only /webroot/forum files - there was no changes
to cake code.
But of course "s**t could happen".

And promised my version of smf files attached ( looks like it is only one:
should go to /cake/libs/ directory)

you can do the steps as described in
http://blog.4webby.com/posts/view/2/smake_smf_cakephp_integration

also in app/config/core.php:

<code>

    Configure::write('Session.save', 'database');

/**
 * The name of the table used to store CakePHP database sessions.
 *
 * 'Session.save' must be set to 'database' in order to utilize this
constant.
 *
 * The table name set here should *not* include any table prefix defined
elsewhere.
 */
    Configure::write('Session.table', 'sessions');
    Configure::write('Session.db_column_id', 'session_id');
/**
 * The DATABASE_CONFIG::$var to use for database session handling.
 *
 * 'Session.save' must be set to 'database' in order to utilize this
constant.
 */
    Configure::write('Session.database', 'session');
/**
 * The name of CakePHP's session cookie.
 *
 * Note the guidelines for Session names states: "The session name