hi there,

I added the auth. componnent to my app.
Now I can login using username/password stored in database table
users.

As far as I understood there is some kind of session management built
in (i.e. there is a time out and I need to relogin after some time
without action)

Because I miss some keen insight to the ARO/ACO thing with granting
privielegs to users/groups for controllers, actions and views I think
about setting up a very simple system on my own (hope this will be
easier than learning that cake thing in time)

So I need in first step to know what user is logged in in the current
session (compareable to the unix command whoami) to get the username,
by username the group the user belongs and by the group the right to
be granted (and maybe also a good idea to store the created, modified
date and add the user did this...)

Any hints about this?

Thanks in advance guys!

Michael