I am making my first website using cakephp. During development I
tested it on firefox, ie8, chrome, opera.

One of my recently ran it on IE7 and to my surprise most of the layout
is distorted. Also from my initial analysis I noticed that in jquery
css and html functions are not working well.

Has anybody else faced same issue? Can someone please suggest if this
is the expected behaviour and what stepsto take to correct it and
avoid it in future?

Thank you and Regards
Rajat