And Fabio Cevasco's book on cakephp is also out !
Did I missed the announcement ? Is there a pitch on what is inside ?

On 11/3/06, Larry E. Masters aka PhpNut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We're excited to see so many people enjoying Cake. To show our appreciation, we are releasing CakePHP 1.1.9.3815[1] Check out the changelog[2] to see what's new, and what you need to know before upgrading. This is another bug fix for the 1.1 series and marks the last release before 1.2.  To those who submitted tickets, we'd like to thank you for your patience while we worked through them.  We work really hard on making CakePHP the most complete and developed framework, and we appreciate your support in making that happen.

There is one major change in this release pertaining to ACL. If you are working with the provided database tables for ACL, we changed the user_id column to be called foreign_key. This makes more sense in a broader context and allows aros to relate to different tables more easily.

Run this:
ALTER TABLE aros CHANGE user_id foreign_key INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Alternatively, an upgrade command has been added to the acl.php cli script to run this query for you.
php scripts/acl.php upgrade [-app /path/to/app_directory]

There has been a lot of excitement around 1.2. We are working hard to get all the new features to a point where we feel it is stable and ready for production use. We will not set a release date, but we are putting all our efforts into getting it ready as soon as possible.

We would also like to thank everyone who has donated to the Cake Software Foundation. We finalized a page at http://cakefoundation.org/donors/thanks. The Super donors have a link to their website, if one was provided. If you are a Super and your name or website link is missing please let us know via the contact form at http://cakefoundation.org/pages/contact. Some people have made multiple donations, which is really helpful and they should see themselves move up the donor ladder. Go to http://cakefoundation.org/donations to learn how you can contribute or click on one of the buttons that appear on the CakePHP sites.

Also, PhpNut has put together a list of books which are valuable to developers who want to improve there skills
and learn how they can be ninjas like Him. http://astore.amazon.com/cakesoftwaref-20 . Remember, do not try the nail-through-the-finger trick at home. That is for trained professionals.

[1] Download: http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=155
[2] https://trac.cakephp.org/wiki/changelog/1.1.x.x

--